Community outreach and involvement are an important part of the Daycon corporate culture.
Through the years, Daycon has always maintained a strong industry and community focus. Its initiatives have ranged from leadership in plastic bottle recycling, to job creation for visually impaired individuals, to flood relief for victims of Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Floyd and Hurricane Isabel, and involvement in the cleanup and revitalization of downtown Washington, D.C.
Corporate sponsorships have included:
- The James E. Duckworth School
- The American Red Cross
- The Ronald McDonald House
- Toys for Tots and Holiday for Kids
- Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
- The Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
- Capital Camps
- Congregation B'nai Tzedek
- American Heart Association
- NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship)
- American Cancer Society
- Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital